Chondroitin sulphate and glucosamine have a tropism for cartilaginous and joint tissues, which selectively bind to the degraded or injured cartilage, initiating the tissue regeneration process. The use of glycosaminoglycans helps to replace what was lost during pathological processes (cartilage repair) and what was lost in normal animal activity (cartilage protection). Another important property is its anti-inflammatory effect, noted after the use of these compounds. Glycosaminoglycans also inhibit the action of lysosomal enzymes (released by leukocytes into the synovial fluid) which induce production of hyaluronic acid and stimulate collagen synthesis. Other physiological effects of Chondroitin Sulfate: contribution to ossification and calcification of bones, as well as maintenance of elasticity of tendons and ligaments.
Indicated to support non-infectious arthropathy treatments, such as arthritis, arthrosis, osteoarthrosis, thoroughpin, degenerative arthropathy, coxofemoral dysplasia, spondylosis, ankylosing spondylosis, condropatias, synovitis; tendon disorders, osteodystrophy and chondrodystrophies, postoperative joint surgery; assisting in cases of fractures, as well as acting on the prophylaxis of osteoarticular diseases and cartilage protection in animals submitted to major exertion. Also indicated for strengthening joint cartilage in dogs submitted to conchectomy.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
To be used orally.
500 mg tablets:
• Animals up to 5 kg: 1 tablet per day.
• Animals from 5 to 10 kg: 1 tablet twice per day.
• Up to 5 kg: 1 tablet per day on alternate days.
• Animals from 5 to 10Kg: 1 tablet per day, until the maintenance dose is reached, which may be 1 tablet per week.
1000 mg tablets:
• Animals from 10 to 15Kg: 1 tablet twice per day.
• Animals from 15 to 25Kg: 1 and a half tablets twice per day.
• Animals from 25 to 50Kg: 2 tablet twice per day.
• Animals over 50kg: 3 tablet twice per day.
• Animals from 10 to 25Kg: 1 tablet per day.
• Animals over 25Kg: 2 tablet per day, until the maintenance dose is reached, which may be 1 tablet per week.
The initial administration dose is for 2 to 3 months, after which the maintenance dose should be given. Doses may be changed according to the Veterinarian’s instructions.
EACH 100g CONTAINS:
|Chondroitin A Sulfate||20.000 mg|
|Molusks (Perna canaliculus)||10.000 mg|
|Ascorbic Acid||5.000 mg|
|Manganese Sulfate||2.000 mg|
|Vehicle q.s.||100 g|
500mg or 1000mg tablets in plastic bottles containing 60 tablets
• Arthropathy in general;