Chondroitin sulphate and glucosamine have a tropism for cartilaginous and
joint tissues, which selectively bind to the degraded or injured cartilage,
initiating the tissue regeneration process. The use of glycosaminoglycans
aims to replace that lost during pathological processes (cartilage repair) and
that lost in normal animal activity (cartilage protection). Another important
property is its anti-inflammatory effect, noted after the use of these
compounds. Glycosaminoglycans also inhibit the action of lysosomal
enzymes (released by leukocytes into the synovial fluid) which induce
production of hyaluronic acid and stimulate collagen synthesis.
Other physiological effects of Chondroitin Sulfate include: contribution to
ossification and calcification of the bones, in addition to maintaining the
elasticity of tendons and ligaments.
INDICATION OF THE PRODUCT
Indicated to support non-infectious arthropathy treatments, such as
arthritis, arthrosis, osteoarthrosis, thoroughpin, degenerative arthropathy,
coxofemoral dysplasia, spondylosis, ankylosing spondylosis, condropatias,
synovitis; tendon disorders, osteodystrophy and chondrodystrophies,
postoperative joint surgery; assisting in cases of fractures, as well as acting
on the prophylaxis of osteoarticular diseases and cartilage protection in
animals submitted to major exertion. Also indicated for strengthening joint
cartilage in dogs submitted to conchectomy. USE: • Arthropathy in general;
• Tendon pathologies;
• Postoperative joint surgery;
• Assists in cases of fractures;
• Prevention of osteoarticular diseases;
• Cartilage protection for animals submitted to major exertion.
idem ao Brasil
HOW TO USE
500 mg tablets:
• Animals up to 5kg: 1 tablet per day.
• Animals from 5 to 10kg: 1 tablet twice per day.
• Up to 5kg: 1 tablet per day on alternate days.
• Animals from 5 to 10kg: 1 tablet per day, until the maintenance dose is
reached, which may be 1 tablet per week. 1000mg tablets: EVERY 100g CONTAINS:
• Animals from 10 to 15 kg: 1 tablet twice per day.
• Animals from 15 to 25kg: 1 and a half tablets twice per day.
• Animals from 25 to 50kg: 2 tablet twice per day.
• Animals over 50kg: 3 tablet twice per day.
• Animals from 10 to 25kg: 1 tablet per day.
• Animals over 25kg: 2 tablet per day, until the maintenance
dose is reached, which may be 1 tablet per week.
The initial administration dose is for 2 to 3 months, after which the
maintenance dose should be given.
Doses may be changed according to the Veterinarian’s instructions.
500mg or 1000mg tablets in plastic bottles containing 60 tablets